What to Expect
When you come to Specialised Massage, we work with you to develop a plan for your service.
We ask you to complete some paper work - your contact details; reason for attending; goals and health history details so we have a clear understanding of your needs and any precautions we may need to take. Following that we will:
- Review your heath history with you, asking questions and listening intently
- Conduct an assessment which may include some testing, palpation and functional movement
- Develop a plan of treatment with you, seeking your consent and agreement
- Work with others in your health team if needed and with your permission
- Ensure your privacy while changing and getting ready for treatment
- Conduct your treatment as agreed
- Monitor and ensure your comfort though-out your treatment
- Discuss and adjust your treatment for best results
- Recommend ways for you to self massage and stretch
- Evaluate your progress and adjust your ongoing treatment plan
- Refer when another therapy will help or we are not getting the results needed
During your treatment we ask that you tell us if you experience any pain so we can adjust the techniques and pressure. When working with tight tissue some level of mild discomfort may be unavoidable. But it should only be the level of discomfort that you are happy to lean into. Anything more we avoid as it is not only unpleasant but is counter productive to what we seek to achieve.
You can expect to walk out feeling lighter and able to move with greater ease.
So ring now and make the appointment that could literally change your life.